La RochambelleThe women's race-walk in aid of the fight against cancer, to be held in Caen on Saturday June 1st, is already SOLD OUT. 4 months before the event, the limit of 7,500 participants has been reached.
With 4 months to go, the organizing team has announced the closing of registrations for la Rochambelle, Caen's flagship event. Part of the festivities for the 80th anniversary of D-Day and the Battle of Normandythe event continues to appeal to the people of Caen. On Saturday June 1 at 7.00 pm, 7,500 women dressed in pink will set off from Avenue Albert Sorel for a festive stroll through Caen city center.
Charged with values and commitment, la Rochambelle donates €7 from each registration to the fight against women's cancers. Since 2006, the event has raised over €1.4 million. Phis year, €52,500 will be raised to support 5 local projects run by :
- the Polyclinique du Parc.
The complementary nature of the projects we support enables us to provide ongoing support for patients at every stage of their illness.
Registration for the other events is still open until May 29, 2024 (subject to availability). With over 25,000 participants each year, D-Day Landings Marathon is one of Normandy's must-attend events.
This year's program features a unique range of events, allowing everyone to participate according to their level of ability and desire:
- The D-Day Landings Marathon, the most historic race in the world;
- Le Relay Marathon, l'union fait la force ;
- The Pegasus Half Marathon, the legendary distance that starts from the famous Pegasus Bridge;
- The 10km - Crédit Agricole Normandie, the short distance during which the city belongs to you;
- La Rochambelle, run-walk in aid of the fight against cancer (SOLD OUT);
- Foulées de la Liberté, 4,000 children from schools in Caen.